Thursday 4 July 2013

Author interview - Stephen Mark

Stephen is the first of the 'Reading is Magic' authors to tell you a little more about himself...


What was your favourite book when you were a child?
I had any number, but if I had to pick one it would be The Hobbit – followed by Lord of the Rings when I was a bit older.

What did you want to be when you grow up?
 That’s easy; a jazz musician!

 Which children’s books have you read recently?
 The wonderful; ‘Bother in Burmeon’ by SP Moss. A terrific tale of a boy who travels back in time to adventure with his Grandfather.

 What’s your favourite snack?
 Ooh, that’s a difficult one! Probably a Twix.

 If you could be any character in a book, who or what would you be?
Strider/Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
I play musical instruments – none particularly well, but I am a half-way decent saxophone player. Obviously, I love to read and there is always plenty to do on our big stone house and gardens in France.
  
Is there anything that scares you?
Infirmity, and not achieving my authorial aims.

What story are you working on at the moment?
I am turning Mr O’Rourke’s Shed into a full-length novel. When I read the story again in Reading is Magic, I realised that Davy Marr’s adventure had only just begun…


No comments:

Post a Comment