Thursday 20 June 2013

REVIEWS!!!

FIRST REVIEWS ARE IN...

I am chuffed to bits with the three reviews we have received so far. I am especially relieved that the paperback impressed the reader (you have no idea how much I have fretted over it, and I still do not have my copy - come on, Amazon!)

Thank you to the readers who reviewed.

We have now started to slip in the ratings. It's all about sales unfortunately.

However, I am pleased to announce that we have already raised in excess of £50!!!

So, well done everyone...

Speak soon,
Vanessa :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover to cover in one afternoon 19 Jun 2013
 
Format:Paperback
This is such a charming, funny and uplifting bunch of stories. My niece (8) loved following the Yellow Sick Toad. When she went home I ended up making a coffee and reading the rest of the book. I admit I bought it in the first place to support the NSPCC to whom the proceeds are going, but there was no amateurish writing here and I was pulled along by the hand. Breakfast Dreams will appeal to younger children (and parents of fussy eaters!) while Mangoes is likely to be a favorite of an older child who will enjoy the twist in a rags to riches tale. My personal favorites were Granny Rainbow, Mr O'Rouke's Shed and the hauntingly written and surprisingly simple Upon the Crest of the Moon. The paperback is well produced and professional looking. At less than a fiver it's a bargain and all in the name of a good cause.
 
5.0 out of 5 stars
Worth every penny. 18 Jun 2013
By Kate
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
 
'Reading is Magic' is a wonderful collection of short stories which, if nothing else, highlights the diversity of the human imagination. As a hobby writer, I shy away from writing short stories simply because I struggle to present a well-rounded idea in so few words. All of those involved in this book, however, seem to possess the ability to quickly draw the reader in to their respective worlds, making us feel quite at home from the very first line.

There is a story in here to suit everyone.

Worth EVERY penny.
 
5.0 out of 5 stars Not finished yet... 19 Jun 2013
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
 
Haven't read all of the stories yet, but personal favourite so far is 'No One Rides Red Horses.' Love, Love, Love it!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment